Help for Problems
Appointment Booking
Question of the Month
Media Coverage
Dr Redmond Biography
Privacy Statement


Question of the Month

Q:  I am 38 and a month ago noticed my thinning hair. My general pract. took your standard tests (blood work) and sent me home. I wasn't satisfied with that so I went to my dermatologist. They want more blood work done but nothing to check for PCOS. I have oily skin, acne (mild), and heavy/clotting but regular periods. I don't seem to have a weight issue. He has taken me off all vitamins and I now have to use a special shampoo, anti-fungal cream, and Topicort. Now to my question....Who is going to help me??? My general, my dermatologist or my gyno?

A: The best thing is to find a physician who specializes in PCOS including hair loss. This might be an endocrinologist or gynecologist but depends on the individual. Many women have difficulty finding a physician knowledgeable in this area.

Hope things work out for you.

Geoffrey Redmond, MD

Read Other Questions ->

Read Articles on Similar Subjects ->

Search for topic ->


Home  Consultation  Help for Hormone Problems   Question of the Month   FAQ
Newsletter  Media Coverage 
Links  Biography  Research   Privacy Statement   Map to Clinic

Information provided by Hormone Center of New York  212-338-0002
Copyright © 2008 Hormone Center of New York.
E-mail: info@hormonehelpny.com 

This web site is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.
The reader should regularly consult a physician in all matters relating to his/her health,
and particularly in respect of any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention.

Copyright © 2008 Hormone Center of New York.  Last modified: 03/23/08
Site designed and hosted by